The Mud Connector

Author Topic: My Resignation  (Read 2923 times)

Hades_Kane

• TMC Veteran
  • Owner / Administrator of End of Time
    • View Profile
    • End of Time
My Resignation
« on: August 14, 2018, 9:25 AM »
I have no interest in discussing this, this is just a courtesy notification that effective immediately I resign my position as a community manager / moderator at TMC (and anywhere else, MUD related, that I hold a similar position).

I have already notified the other moderators and Icculus, and any board permissions or titles from the position should be removed soon.

I will also be taking an indefinite break from TMC.

Goodbye for now and good luck.
-Diablos
End of Time, a 100% free Final Fantasy & Chrono Trigger based MUD with a large original world, unique combat & magic systems, and more!
eotmud.com : 4000 • http://www.eotmud.comhttp://www.facebook.com/eotmud
http://www.mudconnect.com/mud-bin/adv_search.cgi?Mode=MUD&mud=End+of+Time

Molly

• TMC Veteran
    • View Profile
I am leaving my moderator position too.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 10:51 AM »
I have had enough too.

The development in general, and in one specific thread in particular, has left me with such a bad taste in the mouth that I no longer feel that I can uphold a position of responsibility in this community, so I am hereby resigning my post.

It's not an easy step to take. I still have a fondness for text muds and TMC, and I have been a member here for a very long time. Also the main problem here is restricted to a small handful of posters - (I guess you all know who they are) - who through constant bickering, trolling, annoying posting habits, temper tantrums, personal attacks and sheer spite,  together have managed to drag the tone on the Forum to an all time low.

I am all for free speech, but for this too work in a discussion forum, it is necessary that the posters themselves take some kind of responsibility, and check themselves before they hit the send button, even when tempers run high.

Hades_Kane has carried a heavy load, and taken a lot of abuse, being the one who mainly has tried to control the situation, by trying to explain and reason with people who apparently aren't capable of either reasoning or listening. I totally understand that he has had enough, and I feel bad for not having stood up to defend and support him earlier.

To the small minority who caused this situation, I say: "Hope you are happy now".

To the rest of the community I wish good luck.
Hopefully the Forum will survive without moderators, since I understand that the last two of us are also on the verge of leaving too, and I see a definite problem in trying to recruit any successors.
Molly O'Hara of 4 Dimensions
4Dimensions.org Port 6000

Tijer

• TMC Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: My Resignation
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 11:07 AM »
Sorry to see this Hades_Kane, but there again i am certainly not suprised.  People have been hounding you for weeks in regards to favouritism that simply is not happening here.

Moderating on TMC has started to become a chore, the general "community" spirit we attempted to try and bring back is long gone.

I'm not sure how we can resolve this, as the "refresh" certainly didnt help!
--Tijer